Tuesday 11 December 2007

Magic Eye

After looking at the Magic Eye Tetris game linked to from Sita’s blog (www.lutanho.net/play/magiceyetetris.html) I’ve been looking into Magic Eye images and thinking about creating some sort of interface using the Magic Eye images.

As mentioned in an earlier post on this project I am interested in creating a “wrong” interface which interesting and makes us think about how much we take intuitive interfaces for granted. I’ve also, as you can see in previous posts, been looking into optical illusions and Op art and researching into how and why we see and perceive things the way we do.

I have found a site which lets you create your own magic eye images too, try it for yourself here:

www.flash-gear.com/stereo

Here’s one I made earlier:



What is it?!...Answers on a postcard please (or in a comment).

4 comments:

Claire said...

It's a bunny rabbit!

I can see it.

Sita did one as well that spells her name. I will definately try making one myself sometime. Would make a great birthday card for someone....to secretly spell out the persons name....

Lucinda Bouton said...

Good thing we don't have james this year. What you said about a not intuitive interactiveness was my intention for my interactive portfolio last year. didn't go down with him that much, but i totally love the concept.
Tool have something similar on their dissectional section.
www.toolband.com and choose "dissectional".
also posted these on my blog some time ago may be of some use.
http://listverse.com/miscellaneous/20-amazing-optical-illusions/
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,22556281-661,00.html

Claire said...

Read your comment about a crit, and have made a new post on my blog suggesting a date. Please have a look at it if your still interested!

makeupbychloegracex said...

its a rabbit with 1 ear folded down x