Thursday 28 February 2008

Reading Week and Beyond

I’ve continued with my research into Alzheimer’s disease and the effects of dementia. I’ve been visiting the Alzheimer’s forum (Talking Point) to see if I can get any more ideas for interesting images. I’ve also been taking lots and lots of photos and created/bought the props that I needed. Working with light properly and getting the shots that I want and have sketched out is proving difficult. Photography takes a lot of patience!

I’ve been looking into getting the pictures printed professionally. I’d like to create a micro-site for this project again, if I have time, with a Flash photo-presentation application. I will post up the link when it is done. I’m looking to create a really polished end-piece with my photographs mounted up and presented as well as I can.

I changed my mind about the collage feel of the shot’s as after studying the brief again, as it suggests that they are asking for actual traditional-type photography rather than a graphical image. Through the use of my props I am creating images which are interesting and different. I’ve still got a lot of work to do and need to finish the final photographs ASAP as I need to send tem off to get printed. I’ve found quite a reasonably priced website - uk.foto.com, but if anyone knows of anywhere cheaper, with a faster processing/delivery time please let me know.

1 comment:

Claire said...

I really doubt it would be cheaper, as if you want speey delivary the poostage is quite expensive, but Vistaprint.com is reliable. I've used them alot, and once you sign up you get lot's of free offers for future projects. I found that it works out really cheap if you use the free offers in conjunction with 3 week delivery.

Not much help to you know I suppose, but could be worth keeping in mind for future projects and business cards!