Monday 3 March 2008

Manipulation of Photography

I went into the local photo place down St James’ Street over the weekend and found out the prices to develop my pictures 8”*6”. They seemed quite reasonable, about £10 more than online though; but around 4 days less to get to me. Weighing up the risk I will probably get them developed at a photo place in town; the cheapest that I can find. If anyone knows of any cheap and good places in town please let me know.

I’ve still got a few more shots I want to retake and I need to manipulate a few of my images. If I have a chance when I have everything done I may try out some 3D techniques, placing 3D objects into the picture using 3D Studio Max. Michael showed me how to place an image onto a plane in Max and then place a 3D image in front of it. You can then create a camera to capture the image, but you need to be careful to keep it at a high resolution.

My aim is to create around 12 (max) interesting, original and honest (is any photograph truly honest??) images to illustrate the many facets of dementia. I need to weigh up carefully how much digital manipulation to use on these images as I don’t want to manipulate just for the sake of manipulation. The question I need to ask myself, when manipulating any of the images is: will this manipulation add to the quality and message of the image?

Feet that look like shoes

No comments: